Applegarth Electrical & Mechanical Installations are approved suppliers and installers of EV Chargers. With the number of electric cars on our roads increasing, so is the demand for EV Charger infrastructure. Applegarth are proud to be approved installers of numerous EV Charger manufactures. We are also accredited with the Office For Low Emission Vehicles which allows us to install our EV chargers under the OLEV Grant. This is also known as the Electric Vehicle Home Charge Scheme & the Workplace Charge Point Scheme. We install EV Chargers for both domestic & commercial clients in Wirral, Liverpool, the North West and all of the surrounding areas.
The benefits of installing an EV charger
As well as the obvious benefit of cheaper running costs for owners, there are numerous other benefits that EV Chargers bring, especially for businesses. The benefits of EV Chargers include the following:
- Helps the environment by reducing pollution – Improvement in air quality
- Encourages people to visit local shops or shopping centres
- Makes a statement to employees about company values
- EV Chargers are easy to install & low maintenance
- Improves the image of a town or city
What is the OLEV grant?
To encourage the adoption of electric cars the government has introduced a grant for EV Chargers, provided by the Office For Low Emission Vehicles. The OLEV grant is also known as the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme and allows for a contribution of up to 75% of the installation costs, of an EV Charger, up to the cost of £500 for a single point domestic user. For commercial EV Chargers the grant allows up to the cost of £300 per charge point for up to a maximum of 20. The OLEV grant is available for most electric and plugin hybrid cars. You can see the full list of eligible vehicles here. You are able to claim the grant, for an EV Charger, for each eligible vehicle and up to two charge points per household.
Am I eligible for the OLEV grant?
To be eligible for the OLEV grant, for an EV charger, you must meet the following criteria:
- The EV charge point must be installed by an OLEV approved installer
- Your vehicle must be eligible under the scheme
- You must be the registered owner or leaseholder of an electric vehicle
- You must have off street parking
- The EV charger must be placed in reasonable distance (approx. 10m) of the electricity distribution board.
If you are interested in having an EV Charger installed or have any questions then call us on 0151 649 8350. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also apply for an EV Charger installation using our OLEV Grant application form. We install EV Charge points across Wirral, Liverpool, Merseyside, Chester, Manchester, Cheshire, the North West & North Wales.