Here we answer some of the questions we are most commonly asked about EV Chargers.
How long does it take to charge an electric car using an EV charger?
Using an EV charger at home is the most popular way for an electric car owner to charge their vehicle. This is as they can avoid queuing at a petrol station and paying the high prices. Instead they can just charge their car whilst they sleep.
The time it takes to charge an electric car depends on two factors. The capacity of the electric cars battery and the power output of your domestic EV charger. Typical charge times are around 6-8 hours using a 3kw charger, 3-4 hours using a 7kw, 1 hour at 22kw and around 30 minutes using a 43-50kw EV charge point.
How much does it cost to fully charge an electric car?
Charging an electric car can be extremely low cost in comparison to filling up a petrol or diesel car. Charging your car at home is very convenient. However, you may worry about how much it costs to recharge your electric car. At home, charging your electric car will typically cost between £1 and £3 for around 100 miles of range.
What is the governments grant for EV chargers?
In 2016 the governments Office For Low Emission Vehicles introduced a grant for electric and plugin hybrid owners, who wanted to install an EV charger at their home. The grant is formally know as the Electric Vehicle Home Charge Scheme. The grant offers a contribution of up to 75% off (up to the cost of £500) the purchase and installation of a single point EV charge point. The remaining 25% must be funded by the home owner. Here at Applegarth we are proud to be accredited by OLEV (Office For Low Emission Vehicles) to install EV chargers under the scheme in Wirral, Liverpool, Chester, Cheshire, Manchester, North Wales & beyond.
Do I have to use an EV charger to charge my electric car?
Electric cars can be charged using a standard domestic 13amp wall socket. However, it is much safer and faster to use a dedicated EV charge point.
Get In Touch
If you have any questions about EV chargers that aren’t answered above please get in touch. You can call us on 0151 649 8350. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible. We install EV Chargers in Wirral, Liverpool, Chester, Manchester, Cheshire & North Wales.