The number of electric cars on our roads is growing everyday. This is down to more and more people embracing the new technology and the phasing out of diesel engines by the biggest automotive companies. This has led to an increasing demand for electric car EV charger infrastructure in Hoole & Chester. Here at Applegarth engineering we install and maintain an extensive range of EV chargers, under the governments OLEV (Office For Low Emission Vehicles) grant scheme.
Benefits Of An Home EV Charge Point
If you are a full electric or hybrid vehicle owner, installing an EV charging point at your property is beneficial, making it quicker and more convenient to charge the batteries in you electric vehicle.
- By installing a dedicated EV charging point you can charge your electric vehicle up to 60% faster than a traditional standard household 13amp plug! Our engineers access the 240V electricity supply at your property, to increase charging speeds.
- You will no longer have to rely on overnight charging, with low wattage charging via a household plug or public charging units.
- Without a professionally installed EV chargepoint, charging electric vehicles using a standard 13amp socket can be a hazard. A dedicated EV charge point makes charging your electric vehicle safer with less cable clutter.
- As the number of electric vehicle grows, by installing an EV charger at your property you will add value for any future buyers.
The Office For Low Emission Vehicles, introduced grant funding to encourage drivers to swap to electric cars and business to switch their fleets to electric or hybrid vehicles. Applegarth Engineering have been approved by the government body to install EV Chargers using the following schemes:
- Electric Vehicle Home Charge Scheme
- Workplace Charge Point Scheme
- On-Street Residential Charge Point Scheme
Electric Vehicle Home Charge Scheme
Through the OLEV grant scheme a contribution of up to £500 off the cost of a single point, domestic EV Charger installation is available. Our engineers are able to install domestic EV Chargers at a discounted rate under the electric vehicle home charge scheme.
Workplace Charge Point Scheme
A Commercial OLEV Grant is available for business, charities and public authorities. Charging points can be installed in off-street parking areas by an approved installer such as ourselves.
On-Street Residential Charge Point scheme
The on-street residential charge point scheme provides grant funding for local authorities, towards the cost of installing on-street residential EV Chargers, where off-street parking is not available for residents.
Why Choose Applegarth?
Applegarth Engineering are a NICEIC (National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting) approved electrical contractor. Our experienced installation teams conform to the latest BSYESI regulations and the IET code of practice. We install EV charging units from some of the UK leading manufacturers, that are approved by OLEV such as; Rolec, Zappi and EO.
To find out more about our EV Charge Point installation service, call us on 0151 649 8350. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible. We install EV charge points for homeowners, businesses & public authorities in Hoole and Chester.