Throughout Wrexham and North Wales drivers are continuing to make the jump from cars with traditional diesel and petrol engines to their more eco-friendly counterparts. This is attributed to the public becoming more environmentally conscious and the phasing out of traditional combustion engines by many of the leading automotive manufacturers.
Applegarth Engineering Limited are an industry leading EV charger installer, providing EV charge point installations for homeowners & businesses in Wrexham. We are approved to supply and install EV charge points from several manufacturers at the forefront of the UK’s EV charger revolution including EO, Zappi and Rolec. Our highly experienced installers are able to provide a design and installation service, including ground work and electrical installation, to suit any application or location. All of our EV charge point installations are carried out by highly experienced installers who work in line with the IET code of practice of EV charging.
To encourage the public and businesses to adopt electric cars and vehicles the governments OLEV (Office For Low Emission Vehicles) introduced grant funding for EV charge points. The grant funding is currently available under the following schemes:
- Electric vehicle home charge scheme
- Workplace charge point scheme
- On-street residential charge point scheme
We are proud to be one of a few OLEV approved EV charge point installers in Wrexham.
Electric Vehicle Home Charge Scheme
The electric vehicle home charge scheme is a grant available to homeowners who have an eligible electric car or plug-in hybrid car. Under the scheme the governments office for low emission vehicles funds up to 75% of the cost of a home EV charger, up to the cost of £500. The remaining 25% must be funded by the owner of the electric car. To be eligible for the scheme you must have the EV charge point installed by an OLEV approved installer. You must also have off-street parking at your home and an eligible electric vehicle.
Workplace Charge Point Scheme
The workplace charge point scheme was introduced by the governments office for low emission vehicles to encourage businesses to install EV charge points for their staff and customers. The scheme was also introduced to encourage businesses to switch their fleets of vehicles to electric. The scheme offers £300 off the purchase and installation of a workplace EV charger. The grant can be claimed for up to 20 single point EV charge points or 10 double socket EV chargers. This grant is available to businesses, charities and public authorities. To qualify you must have off-street parking and the charge point must be installed by an OLEV approved installer.LEARN MORE
On-Street Residential Charge Point Scheme
The on-street residential charge point scheme offers grant funding to local authorities who would like to install on-street EV charge points in residential areas, where off-street parking is not available.LEARN MORE
Get In Touch
If you are interested in an EV charge point installation in Wrexham call us today on 0151 649 8350. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible. We install EV charge points in Wrexham, North Wales and across the surrounding areas.