Applegarth Engineering are approved suppliers and installers of EV Chargers. With the number of electric cars on our roads increasing, so is the demand for EV Charge Point infrastructure. Applegarth are proud to be approved installers of numerous EV Charger manufactures. We are also accredited by the OLEV (Office For Low Emission Vehicles) which allows us to install our EV chargers under the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme. We install EV charge points across the North West & North Wales.
What Is The Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme?
The Electric Vehicle Home Charge Scheme is a government grant for EV charge points. The grant is provided by the OLEV (Office For Low Emission Vehicles) and was introduced to encourage the public to transition from cars with traditional combustion engines to ultra-low emission electric cars. The grant offers a contribution of up to 75% of the cost of a single point EV Charger, up to the cost of £350 and now also includes funding for owners of larger electric motorbikes*.
*The grant is only payable for eligible zero emission motorcycles and mopeds (vehicle category ‘L1e, L1e-B, L3e, L3e-A1, L3e-A2 or L3e-A3 ′) at their first (new) registration.Eligible Vehicles
Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme Eligibility
To be eligible for the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Have an eligible electric or plugin hybrid vehicle – Eligible vehicles
- Registered owner or leaseholder of the vehicle
- Vehicle must have been purchased after the 1st of October 2016
- Have dedicated off-street parking
- EV charge point must be installed by an OLEV (office for low emission vehicles) approved installer
- Have not already claimed the grant for your vehicle
- By claiming the grant, you are not exceeding the limit of two OLEV funded EV charge points per household
If you are interested in having an EV charge point installed or have any questions then please call us on 0151 649 8350. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to apply for the OLEV grant you can do so by using our OLEV application form. We install EV chargers under the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme across the North West & North Wales.