Applegarth is a specialist electrical contractor, installing EV charge points in Poynton and across the Cheshire area. Our team of knowledgeable electrical engineers are approved NAPIT & NICEIC installers, and City & Guilds qualified. We install a range of EV charge points to suit both domestic and commercial clients. Applegarth is approved by OLEV (Office For Low Emission Vehicles) to claim for the OLEV grant funding to reduce installation costs of EV charge points for end users.
Electric Vehicle Home Charge Scheme (EVHS)
This scheme is for an electric vehicle or hybrid vehicle owner looking to install an EV charge point at their domestic property with off-street parking. The grant funding can cover up to 75% of the cost of installing a domestic private electric vehicle charging point. The funding is capped at £500 including VAT. To receive the grant funding the customer has to meet the eligibility criteria and use an OLEV approved electrical contractor such as Applegarth. Both parties have to complete the grant application, with the approved installer claiming for the funding on the customers behalf. This means for Home Charge customers, they can have an EV charge point installed at their property at a significantly reduced cost.
- Eligible electric or plug-in hybrid vehicle
- Owner, leaseholder or primary driver
- Approved OLEV installer
- Approved EV charge point
- Private off-street parking
Workplace Charge Point Scheme (WCS)
This scheme is aimed at charities, the public sector and commercial environments such as supermarkets, retail car parking or business parking facilities. The grant helps to cover installation costs including EV charge point purchase and installation by electrical engineers. Similar to the Home Charge Scheme, the grant provides up to £500 for each EV charging point. However the Workplace Charge Point Scheme allows each applicant to claim up to a maximum of 20 single point sockets. The funding is a voucher based scheme which the organisation can apply for. If the applicant meets the eligibility criteria, they will receive the voucher, and then choose an approved installer such as Applegarth to install the EV charge points. Once the EV charge points have been installed, the approved installer can then claim the grant funding from OLEV.
On-Street Residential Charge Point Scheme (ORCS)
This scheme is for local authorities, councils, universities, colleges and schools looking to install on-street EV charge points. The aim of the grant is to increase EV charge point network for EV drivers without access to off-street parking. Unlike the other schemes, this funding offers up to 75% of the cost of installing an EV charge point and for procuring a parking bay. The grant is capped at £7,500 per EV charge unit and associated parking slot. The remaining 25% of costs will have to be funded by the applicant or other sources.
Get In Touch
If you want to get in touch with us you can call us on 0151 649 8350, our team can give you more information about our Poynton EV charge point installation service. Alternatively you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applegarth install EV charging points in Cheshire for domestic and commercial clients.